Photo and film shooting information and prices
Permission for editorial and topical reporting is granted by the management of Flughafen Hof-Plauen GmbH & Co. KG.
Email contact: presse@airport-hof-en
Please note that film and/or photo shoots for topical reporting are also subject to registration and approval. These recordings by official journalists and reporters as part of public reporting in the press, radio and television are exempt from fees.
Requests for private photo and film shoots
Photo shoots at designated location on apron:
- free of charge up to 2 hours
- after that one time 20,00 €
Photographs on runway and/or taxiways: flat rate € 50.00
Filming at specified location on apron:
- free of charge up to 2 hours
- after that one time 30,00 €
Filming on runway and/or taxiways lump sum € 100.00
The maximum usage time for private users is 4 hours!
Rules for your film and photo shoots at the airport
The following rules and conditions for commercial filming and photography must be observed:
Commercial film and photo shoots are generally subject to a fee.
Billing is based on time, effort and areas used.
For daily journalistic purposes (public reporting), photo and filming appointments are free of charge, but must be registered with the airport administration:
Phone: +49 (0) 9292 977-131 or -361
Fax: +49 (0) 9292 977-135
- Film or photo teams are obliged to cover the filming with their own liability insurance.
- Flughafen Hof-Plauen GmbH is exempt from legal liability claims.
- An instruction/use log (checklist) will be counter-created by the FHP for the requested use.
- Each film or photo team designates a responsible person, who is responsible for the observance of these rules and the airfield use regulations (FBO) by his signature.
- Photo/filming work in the areas requiring clearance (runway and/or taxiways) is only possible after prior briefing, approval and air traffic control clearance with radio communication. On instruction of the tower the area subject to clearance has to be completely cleared within 10 min!
- Filming and photography are possible in the public area of the airport, even without an escort.
- At the start of filming, the team reports to the operations department at the TOR 1 / GAT entrance.
- For all film and photo work that does not have to be made for a daily event, a registration period of at least 14 days applies.
- When registering, please specify time frame, filming locations and number of participants.
- FHP personnel may be filmed only upon direct request and with prior permission of the FHP management (right to one's own image).
- Shots of equipment and vehicles of an automobile testing facility at the airport are prohibited in all cases or, if unavoidable, must be rendered unrecognizable in post-production.
- In principle, all license plates of recorded aircraft must be made unrecognizable (pixelated, retouched).
- Cables must not be pulled for safety reasons, as they can be an obstruction or source of accidents for passengers and operating personnel.
- For recordings by means of drones/UAS on the premises, the production company or the person responsible is responsible for obtaining additional permits and authorizations (e.g. from the aviation authorities) himself/herself and must submit these to the aerial supervision office/tower before recording begins. The operation itself must be coordinated with the tower in each case.
- Permission to broadcast shall be deemed to have been granted only for broadcasts that are directly related to the registered work.
- Subsequent broadcasting for the purpose of illustrating other topics/contributions is not permitted and is hereby prohibited or must therefore be approved individually (subject to a fee).
- Flughafen Hof-Plauen GmbH will always receive a specimen copy of the recordings.
- In the event of disputed issues, the FHP management or the Tower shall decide directly.
- The above rules and conditions are binding!
Requests for commercial photography and filming
Filming and photography at our airport for commercial use is generally subject to registration and approval.
Billing is based on hours required and time spent according to our price list for "Services and Benefits" as amended from time to time (see also our photo-film flyer).
For inquiries, please use the form below - we will be happy to provide you with a non-binding offer and clarify your questions.